Building the best AI assistant for the developers
- 1.Context-Aware Chat: Our latest update is the most critical one since our launch. Many of our users had requested an interactive chat experience similar to ChatGPT, which was unavailable in earlier versions. With this new update, you can now ask follow-up questions to refine the output, which considers the chat history for context. You can initiate a chat session with a custom request or use Bito Shortcuts like Performance Check and follow up with additional prompts. To give you an idea of how it works, here is an example of an interactive chat session.
- 2.Instant Results: With the latest release of Bito, you can now experience instant results that appear within seconds. In previous versions, users had to wait patiently while being entertained by amusing messages, but we understand that this could become frustrating over time. This new update implements streaming output, allowing you to access the information you need with minimal delay immediately.
Note: Context-Aware Chat and Instant Results are available in the latest version of Bito CLI and Chrome Extension.
Improvements & Bug Fixes
- 1.Dynamic Font Size & Family: This feature in Bito adjusts the interface's font size and family dynamically based on the font size you have set up in your Integrated Development Environment (IDE) settings. The goal of this feature is to make the chat interface more accessible and comfortable to use for all users, regardless of their font preferences, visual acuity, or screen size.
- 2.Configure Keyboard Shortcuts: This feature allows users to customize the default keyboard shortcuts in Bito to avoid conflicts with other IDE-specific shortcuts they may be using. By configuring keyboard shortcuts, users can streamline their workflow and increase their productivity by accessing Bito functions more quickly and efficiently. The instructions for configuring keyboard shortcuts in Bito are in this link.
- 1.Diff View: Bito Shortcuts added many quick operations on your existing code, such as checking performance, improving code readability, or security check. The Diff View in IDE now gives a side-by-side view of the changes proposed by Bito AI. Bito automatically creates a temp file with the proposed code changes and displays diff view with your current code file. IDE's built-in "diff review feature" lets you review and accept/reject the changes. We love that Bito AI can improve your code in many ways, but we want you to be in control while incorporating changes to your code repository. Diff view is built just for that.
Diff view for the code changes proposed by Bito
- 2.Keyboard Accessibility: We have added keyboard accessibility to all UI elements in Bito. You can navigate with Tab and Shift + Tab. Standard keys such as Enter, ESC, and Up/Down arrows work. You can also move between Q&A with the Up and Down arrow keys once the Q/A container is focused.
- 3.Keyboard Shortcuts: Keyboard shortcuts for the most commonly used commands.
- SHIFT+ CTRL + O: Brings Bito panel in focus. With this shortcut, you can toggle Bito Panel on/off in the JetBrains extensions. In VS Code, the shortcut will open the Bito panel (if not already opened). You can use shortcuts of other tabs (e.g. CTRL + SHIFT + E for Explorer) to close Bito.
- SPACEBAR: Puts cursor in the chatbox when Bito panel is in focus.
- ENTER: Execute the chat command.
- CTRL+ ENTER or SHIFT + ENTER: Adds a new line in the chatbox.
- The following shortcuts work on the Q&A when a Q&A is selected.
- 1.CTRL + C: Copy the answer to the clipboard.
- 2.CTRL + I: Insert the answer in the code editor.
- 3.CTRL + D: Toggle the diff view (when Diff View is applicable)
- 4.CTRL + UP/DOWN (Mac: CTRL + SHIFT + UP/DOWN): Expand and collapse the code block where applicable.
- 5.CTRL + L : Regnerate the answer.
- 6.CTRL + U: Modify the prompt for the selected Q&A. Bito copies the prompt in the chatbox that you can modify as needed.
- CTRL + M: Modify the most recently executed prompt.
- CTRL + UP/DOWN (CTRL + SHIFT + UP/DOWN on Mac): Expands and collapses the "Shortcut" panel in Bito.
- 4.Sharing: You can easily share a single question and answer to any channel. Every question and answer has a web permalink that you can share on Twitter and E-mail directly. Copy and paste the link into Slack, Teams, Jira, or Confluence.
- 5.Regenerate the results of any prompt with a single click.
- 6.Edit prompt lets you modify a previously executed prompt. You can edit any prompt with the "Edit Prompt" action next to the question.
Edit any prompt.
To modify the most recent prompt, click the "Redo" icon in the chatbox.
Edit the last prompt
Improvements & Bug Fixes
- 1.The Bito icon in the JetBrains IDE is optimized, so the extension panel doesn't take up space when not in use.
- 1.Code Block formatting and syntax highlighting make it easy to distinguish code from the text content in the chat output. When you use Shortcuts to transform any existing code, the original code is collapsed by default in the question box, thus giving more space for the answer, and the output code is formatted and syntax highlighted.
- 2.Several UI improvements to make Bito look and work great in your IDE. We have reduced padding around the questions and answers blocks so you see more content. The scrollbars are optimized to take up less space and reduce visual clutter.
- 1.Shortcuts give your existing code power of Bito AI. Select any code snippet in your code editor, and use Bito Shortcuts to run security, performance, or style check. Know how the code works, what it does, or generate comments. You can clean code, improve readability or automatically add exception handling. Behind the scene, we automatically generate the best possible prompt for the best AI output, so you don't have to spend time with prompts.
- 1.Fixed crash when using Bito JetBrain extension with PyCharm.
- 2.Fixed Git dependency issue in the Visual Studio Code extension.
- 1.Additional pre-defined prompts to improve the quality and readability of the code.
- Improve Readability - Makes code more readable by organizing the better
- Clean Code - Remove debugging, commented code, and log-related code.
- Make Robust - Add exception/error handling to the code.
- Add Steps - Add explanation steps to the block of codes.
- 1.Improved UX for smaller screen resolution.
- 1.Pre-defined prompts for various checks on your existing code. Select your code and choose one of the below options:
- Explain Steps: Explain "How the code works?".
- Explain Code: Explain "What does this code do?"
- Generate Comment: Generate a comment for the selected code.
- Performance Check: Check the selected code for performance and gives pointers to fix the performance. It also rewrites the code with the suggested performance fixes,
- Security Check: Check the selected code for security issues and gives pointers to fix them. It also rewrites the code with the suggested security fixes,
- Style Check: Check the selected code for the style issues and gives suggestions to fix them. It also rewrites the code with the suggested style fixes.
- 2.Command Pallet support in Visual Studio Code. All Bito commands are accessible in the Visual Studio Command Pallet.
- 3.Insert output from Bito AI into your code file with a single click. This is great for inserting any generated code in your code editor. It inserts the code wherever your cursor is, or if you want to replace the existing code, select the code and insert the new code.
- 1.Keyboard support for the AI Chatbox. Send the request with 'Enter' and add a new line to the chat with 'CTRL+Enter.'